We are seeking a Calf Rearing Specialist for our client’s modern rotary dairy based in Rochester, Victoria.
The dairy is run by a family that has been farming in the Rochester area for 6 generations. They are consistently striving to improve their dairy operation with a focus on people development, animal welfare, quality, and occupational, health & safety.
You are required to work collaboratively with the team to manage all aspects of the calf rearing process to the highest quality and standards.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Calf feeding – milk, hay, grain and water
- Calf shed and equipment maintenance
e.g. equipment cleaning and pen preparation
- Animal health – observation of animals, treatments
and vaccinations as set out by farm protocols
- Colostrum – harvesting, storing and feeding
- Adhering to company policies and SOPs
Some machinery operation is required to fulfill these duties and responsibilities.
To meet the requirements of this role, you must have:
- a passion for animal health and welfare
- experience working on a dairy farm is desirable
- good communication, written, and interpersonal skills
- a current and valid driver licence
- an exceptional work ethic
- qualifications in Agriculture advantageous
- Full training will be given to successful applicant
- $28.50 per hr. Double time on public holidays
- $15 per fortnight phone allowance
- Work shirts, work boots and wet weather gear allowance
- Fulltime benefits
- Join a collaborative team passionate about growth, innovation + continuous improvement
If you are looking for a great place to work, have the ability to maintain a safe working environment, and take care of your own health as well as the health and safety of other persons who may be affected by your conduct, apply now!